My Journey into Copywriting
I am a B2B freelance copywriter and live in Kelowna British Columbia. Inspiration Copywriting & Editing services started when I decided that I had been imprisoned long enough working in the health care system. Despite all that, I worked at improving the writing craft for over ten years. Grateful to have a background in Psychology, and Creative Writing, Debbie continued to hone her writing skills, and learn Content marketing/Copywriting skills. First projects include website copy and blogs.
When I'm not writing, I spend a lot of time being involved in a sport or two.
Finally, I took the plunge into copywriting in 2016. First, writing blogs & sales pitches and then writing for Websites. Practically every business needs good content. I am committed to creating relevant content that effectively engages audiences, whether it's newsletters, emails, blogs or web content.
Inspiration Copywriting & Editing Services is a client -centered business. I feel that editing is the most important part of the writing process, so I give extra care to client work. Expect great customer service and reasonable flat rates.
As a copywriter, I feel that my job is to help your business get the message you want to your readers and convert your customers. Beware though... I maintain high ethical standards and hate spam writing and unethical stuff.
Successful businesses depend on good relationships.
I will help you figure out who you are writing for and what's relevant and what's not. I don't just write; thinking and listening to you is part of my role.
What can I do for You?
- research skills beyond Google
- create effective headlines
- write digital content that is persuasive, clear, and concise.
- simplify complicated material, so that customers will understand it
- WordPress skills
- write for search engines
- good basic knowledge of sports, fitness, and wellness fields
- basic knowledge of how a web site should look
- help with branding your site, and create a Unique selling proposition
- proof reading and editing
- Help you create and monitor your own website, or Blog.
- Have a hosted site? Need content written and some help with the organization, headings, subheadings, bullet points.
- professional resume writing
- professional resourcefulness
- appreciation of loyalty & commitment.
- good communication skills and professionalism
- mature & respectful
- patience and understanding of change in organizations
- creativity & design skills
"Debbie has completed the requirements for Stratford's Creative Writing program with the highest standing (honors), in 2016. this indicates a high level of understanding of the course materials."
- Michael Boulay, Student Services
"You seem to carefully measure your words, there is a good understanding of self editing. Thank you for allowing us to be part of your journey on becoming an author of substance."
-Simone Jackson, Creative Writing instructor
Debbie would love to help you understand how basic psychology works when it comes to content marketing strategies